Pamela Kan has more than 20 years of business experience. Pamela’s experience includes seven years with Carter Hawley Hale Stores Inc. She spent her last four years as a Buyer for the Emporium-Capwell Department Stores division buying fine crystal and silver for twelve stores with an open-to-buy budget of twenty-two million dollars. Pamela then joined Bishop-Wisecarver in April of 1991.
Pamela started her career at Bishop-Wisecarver as the Corporate Programs Director. She then moved on to become Office Manager in 1995. In 1997, Pamela assumed the role of Assistant General Manager. In May of 2000, the Board of Directors appointed Pamela to the role of President. Pamela continues to serve in that capacity. In 2009, Pamela gained controlling interest in the company.
Included in the responsibilities listed above, Pamela has been in charge of the corporate safety and environmental health program, human resources and the advertising and marketing. Pamela led the project to build the company’s first website in 1998.
Since assuming her role as President, Pamela has focused on improving the internal business systems, adopting LEAN manufacturing principles, and consistently producing innovative products. In 2008, the company opened a sales office in Shanghai, China. In 2009, the company added both Chinese and Spanish websites to their portfolio. The company also hired a bilingual engineer to help support the growth of sales in the Latin America market.
In 2010, the company started the process for becoming a certified Green Business. Pamela has recently formed an Advisory Board to help her strategically grow the company. Positioning the company for the next phase of growth, the company will be launching a new website in the fall of 2010 that will be fully integrated with the company’s social and online media efforts.
• B.S. Family and Consumer Resources (Retail Business), University of Arizona
• Hazardous Material Management Certificate, UC Berkeley Extension
• Executive Program, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena CA
• Graduate Executive Program, Kellogg School of Management, Evanston, IL
Pamela has been/is involved in professional and trade organizations including:
• 2008 to present – Board of Directors NAM – National Association of Manufacturers
• 2008 to present – Board of Directors, 2010 Vice Chairman, Executive Committee CMTA – California Manufacturing and Technology Association
• Power Transmission Distributor Association – (Marketing, Summit Committees and Manufacturers Council (currently the Vice Chair), Board of Directors)
• Invited to attend Governor Schwarzenegger CTE Summit – March 2007
• Invite to attend Congressman Miller CTE Discussion Meeting in April 2007
• Graduate, City of Walnut Creek Chamber of Commerce Leadership Program
• The National Safety Management Society – Golden Gate Chapter (Past President 2 terms)
• Member AHTD – Association of High Tech Distributors
• Member – Industrial Association of Contra Costa County
• Member – Pittsburg Chamber of Commerce
• Member, Alliance of CEOs, East Bay Chapter
• Diablo Valley and Platinum Member, WPO – Women’s Presidents
Pamela has been/is involved in civic, non-profit and community organizations including:
• Board of Directors (Secretary), Sponsorship Committee and Advisory Board – Wardrobe for Opportunity
• Walnut Creek City Commissioner, Park Recreation and Open Space Commission (appointed to two terms)
• Supplier and Team Sponsor for FIRST Tech and FIRST Robotics Competition since 2007
• Appointed to City of Walnut Creek, Dog Park Task Force
• Walnut Creek Dog Owners Group 501c3 (founding member and President), Board of Directors
• Kappa Kappa Gamma Alumnae Association – Contra Costa County (Past President 2 terms)